On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Nikola v8.2.4. This release comes with some new features
and a handful of bug fixes.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python.
It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup
formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn
Jupyter Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries,
and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely
fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
Install using `pip install Nikola`.
* Add a `-q`, `--ignore-query-strings` option to ignore query strings
for internal links, allowing their use for cache busting
* Update reST stylesheets (Issue #3657)
* Add a `--timeout` parameter to the `check` plugin, defaulting to
30s. (Issue #3643)
* GZIP compression is now deterministic for automatic deploys (Issue #3650)
* Fix failures to build with a "Document is empty" error in default themes
* Fix `PAGE_INDEX` skipping generation when there exists a conflicting post
* Fix RSS generation of galleries containing WebP images, which caused
an unhandled exception due to not having a known MIME type (Issue #3671)
* Fix `auto` command infinite loop (Issue #3677)
* Fix API URL in CSS and JS minifiers (Issue #3658)
* Fix `:align: center` for images in reST (Issue #3657)
* `GZIP_COMMAND` parsing on `win32` platforms (Issue #3649)