:Author: Dean Hall
:Copyright: Copyright 2002 Dean Hall.
All of the source code for PyMite is licensed under
the GNU General Public License v2.
PyMite is a flyweight Python interpreter written from scratch
to execute on 8-bit and larger microcontrollers with resources
as limited as 32 KiB of program memory (flash) and 4 KiB of RAM.
PyMite supports a subset of the Python syntax and can execute
a subset of the Python bytecodes. PyMite can also be compiled,
tested and executed on a desktop computer.
My thanks go to these people for their contribution to PyMite:
- Josh Lifton: Used PyMite in PhD work,
donated many code fixes and tests.
- Philipp Adelt: Enhancements to pmImgCreator.py,
issues and fixes.
- www.webfaction.com: for providing quality,
free project hosting on www.python-hosting.com
This is PyMite release 04
* Release 04, 2006/12/14
- #62: Created Release 04 package
- #51: Updated to Python 2.5 bytecodes
- #57: Created doc showing what PyMite does [not] support
- #60: Implemented heap_sweep
- #59: Improved bytecode UNPACK_SEQUENCE
- #58: Added support for keyword "in"
- #26: Implemented more builtin functions
- #49: Removed null check from object methods
- #56: Implemented \*_POWER bytecodes
- #17: Completed the implementation of obj_isEqual()
- #54: Changed seglist API to encapsulate segnum & segindx
- #10: Created sequence_getSubscript()
- #33: Created new ARM target
- #36: Deprecated dwh_types.h
- #53: Fixed Win32/x86 build break
- #38: Made use of pycscope.py conditional in Makefile
- #37: Created PM_RAISE()
- #34: Converted all "Py" to "Pm"
- #50: Integrated __LINE__ into PM_RAISE
- #48: Organized and deploy unit tests
- #45: Finished interpret loop edits
- #35: Macroized all operations on object descriptors
- #42: Fixed misuse of PM_RAISE
- #43: Fixed mem_getInt()
- #40: Fixed heap chunk transfer