Stock Management System Project In Java Source Code Free Download

Cristina Guenette

Dec 10, 2023, 3:50:11 PM12/10/23
How to Build a Stock Management System in Java with Free Source Code
A stock management system is a software application that helps businesses keep track of their inventory levels, orders, and sales. It can also help with forecasting demand, optimizing stock levels, and reducing costs. A stock management system can be built using various programming languages, but one of the most popular choices is Java. Java is a versatile, object-oriented, and platform-independent language that offers many benefits for developing web-based applications.

In this article, we will show you how to build a simple stock management system in Java using NetBeans IDE and MySQL database. We will also provide you with a link to download the free source code of the project. By following this tutorial, you will learn how to:

Stock Management System Project In Java Source Code Free Download

Download https://ckonti.com/2wJNBs

Create a database and tables for storing stock information
Connect to the database using JDBC (Java Database Connectivity)
Create a graphical user interface (GUI) using Swing components
Add, update, delete, and search items in the stock database
Generate reports using JasperReports library

Let's get started!

Step 1: Create a Database and Tables
The first step is to create a database and tables for storing the stock information. We will use MySQL as our database management system. You can download and install MySQL from here. After installing MySQL, you can use any tool to create and manage your database, such as MySQL Workbench, phpMyAdmin, or the command-line interface.

We will create a database named stockdb and two tables named items and purchases. The items table will store the information about the items in the stock, such as name, price, quantity, etc. The purchases table will store the information about the purchases made by the customers, such as date, item id, quantity, total amount, etc.

The SQL commands to create the database and tables are as follows:

```sql
CREATE DATABASE stockdb;

USE stockdb;

CREATE TABLE items (
id INT PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT,
name VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
price DECIMAL(10,2) NOT NULL,
quantity INT NOT NULL
);

CREATE TABLE purchases (
id INT PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT,
date DATE NOT NULL,
item_id INT NOT NULL,
quantity INT NOT NULL,
amount DECIMAL(10,2) NOT NULL,
FOREIGN KEY (item_id) REFERENCES items(id)
);
```

You can execute these commands using your preferred tool or the command-line interface. After creating the database and tables, you can insert some sample data into them for testing purposes. For example:

```sql
INSERT INTO items (name, price, quantity) VALUES
('Laptop', 500.00, 10),
('Mouse', 10.00, 20),
('Keyboard', 15.00, 15),
('Monitor', 100.00, 5),
('Printer', 150.00, 3);

INSERT INTO purchases (date, item_id, quantity, amount) VALUES
('2023-04-01', 1, 2, 1000.00),
('2023-04-02', 2, 5, 50.00),
('2023-04-03', 3, 3, 45.00),
('2023-04-04', 4, 1, 100.00),
('2023-04-05', 5, 2, 300.00);
```

Step 2: Connect to the Database using JDBC
The next step is to connect to the database using JDBC. JDBC is an API that allows Java applications to interact with various types of databases. To use JDBC with MySQL, you need to download and add the MySQL Connector/J library to your project classpath. You can download it from here.

To connect to the database using JDBC, you need to follow these steps:

d8cbe59d7d