Windows paths without double reverse virgules

luser droog

Dec 30, 2021, 6:57:58 PM12/30/21
Opinion: double backslashes are stupid.

Ergo, how don't to?

%the Forth way?
/path { currentfile 1024 string readline pop } def

path %os%C:\my\path\up\this\tree\to\my\filename
(r) file

luser droog

Dec 30, 2021, 8:29:35 PM12/30/21
On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 5:57:58 PM UTC-6, luser droog wrote:
> Opinion: double backslashes are stupid.
>
> Ergo, how don't to?

%the Forth way? even Forthier?
/path { currentfile 1024 string readline pop exch file } def

% percent is a delimiter, so it doesn't even need spaces
(r)path%os%C:\my\path\up\this\tree\to\my\filename
(w) path %os%C:\my\path\to\log\file

Note: this may not work in an executive session since input then has an
extra layer of line buffering.

luser droog

Dec 30, 2021, 11:28:22 PM12/30/21
Wait. Hmm. That shouldn't be problem, right? If currentfile is %lineedit,
then .... I dunno. sleepy