nocurrentpoint

Rich Berlin

Oct 11, 1991, 4:18:15 PM10/11/91
As I understand it, the interest in currentpoint comes because if there
is no currentpoint set, lineto gives an error.

Since the questioner really wanted to invoke lineto/moveto, the
following might be more appropriate:

/drawto { {lineto} stopped {moveto $error /newerror false put} if} bind def

This is (slightly) less subject to stack overflow, and quicker.

-- Rich

jdaw1

Aug 7, 2022, 5:07:42 PM8/7/22
Thank you. My code
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jdaw1/placemat/main/PostScript/placemat.ps
had a {lineto} stopped {moveto}, from which I had omitted the $error reset. Fixed.

Yes, almost thirty-one years later, this replied was used. Thank you.

jdaw1

Aug 7, 2022, 5:08:34 PM8/7/22