PL/I implementation of B+ tree structures

vmd...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2021, 12:22:45 PM11/3/21
Hello, all.
The subject line says it all....does anyone here have any PL/I code that they could share that implements B+ tree structures? Node insertion, deletion, replacement, searching, etc.?
Yes I am being lazy here....!
Many thanks and take care.
DJ

John W Kennedy

Nov 3, 2021, 1:29:17 PM11/3/21
Modern PL/I with DEFINE STRUCTURE and HANDLE or old-fashioned PL/I with
BASED and POINTER?

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,

Robin Vowels

Nov 3, 2021, 9:02:23 PM11/3/21
.
In my book "Intro to PL/I, Algorithms, and Structured Programming",
there are algorithms for manipulating red-black trees.

vmd...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2021, 9:01:55 AM11/4/21
John, old-fashioned PL/I with BASED and POINTER, please.
And thank you too.
DJ

John W Kennedy

Nov 4, 2021, 2:32:45 PM11/4/21
Sorry, but, while I knew what B-trees are and how you use ’em, I’ve
never had occasion to code one from scratch.

vmd...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2021, 3:28:38 PM11/4/21
That's OK, John. Thanks anyway.
DJ

Peter Flass

Nov 4, 2021, 7:11:54 PM11/4/21
It looks like the C version wouldn’t be to hard to port.

http://www.amittai.com/prose/bpt.c

--
Pete

vmd...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2021, 9:38:18 AM11/6/21
Many thanks, Pete. I'll take a look at it now.
DJ

Markus Loew

Dec 3, 2021, 5:26:30 PM12/3/21
May be you go to have a look in https://groups.io/g/pl1f-and-mvs38j/ .
Some recent topics address this subject (dynamc AREA allocation, trees) .