Perl telnet looping problem

CJ

Mar 21, 2005, 4:06:14 PM3/21/05
Can someone look at the code below and tell me whats going on?

Here is the problem. I can successfully telnet one of our routers and
successfully put in a command in the while statement, but when the loop goes
around a second time, it gives me:
"pattern match timed-out at c:\filename.pl line 21"

It can't get past the waitfor statement for a prompt the 2nd go around in
the loop.

Ideas??

use Net::Telnet;
use constant PASS=>'password';

$i=6300;
$telnet = new Net::Telnet (Timeout=>25);

$ip='<IP ADDRESS HERE>';

$telnet->open($ip);
$telnet->waitfor('/assword: /');
$telnet->print(PASS);

while ($i < 6400) {

print "LOOPED!!!\n"; 'for troubleshooting purposes
$prompt = $telnet->waitfor('/> /');
print "MADE IT PAST PROMPT\n"; 'for troubleshooting purposes

$statement=('<command goes here>');

$telnet->cmd($statement);
print "PORT FILTER ADDED\n"; 'for troubleshooting
$i++;

}

$telnet->close;