Manually specifying the shell

Adam Preble

Mar 16, 2005, 8:44:05 PM3/16/05
I have a problem with the default shell and Perl. We have a Solaris
machine here that I believe uses the Bourne shell by default, and
everything is written for it in that. However, Perl defaults to sh.
This leads to some conflicts when setting environment variables and such
in a separate script. There are ways around it by rewriting the script,
but I was wondering if the shell could just be changed in Perl.

I know on Win32, there's a PERL5SHELL environment variable, but that
doesn't help me on UNIX variants--specifically between Linux and
Solaris. Is there a way?