shell to perl conversion program

Michael Roby

Mar 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM3/31/95

I have herd that a shell to perl conversion program exists.
Does anyone now if this is true and where I could get a copy?

Thanks,
Mike Roby

Randal L. Schwartz

Apr 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/4/95

Michael> I have herd that a shell to perl conversion program exists.
Michael> Does anyone now if this is true and where I could get a copy?

perl -e 'print "#!/usr/bin/perl\nsystem<<EOF;\n",<>,"\nEOF"' <prog.sh >prog.pl

Easy. :-)

print "Just another Perl hacker," # but not what the media calls "hacker!" :-)
# legal fund: $2880.03 collected, $38379.50 spent; email fu...@stonehenge.com for details
Email: <mer...@stonehenge.com> Snail: (Call) PGP-Key: (finger mer...@ora.com)
Web: <A HREF="http://www.teleport.com/~merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>

Mark Stefaniw

Apr 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/5/95
The FAQ sez that perl works with different DBM implementations,
and I need a DBM that does not have the 1024 (or one unix file
system block) byte restriction on the combined key/value pair.

Also, any experience you may have had with any workarounds
with the limited DBM are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
| Mark Stefaniw; Data General Corp.; RTP/NC 27709 (919)248-6131 |