Format of O=Xref output

David Corcoran

Dec 7, 2016, 12:26:34 PM12/7/16
Folks,

I thought I'd use the output of the O (B) module to generate tags for vim, it seemed pretty straight forward:

perl -MO=Xref (filename) > xrefout.txt

then process xrefout.txt

What I noticed is a bunch of 'File' references that are not vaild filenames, i.e. names with control/non-printing characters.

I've looked high and low for an detailed description for this and could find nothing but meager mentions that the O module is used for access into the compiler.

Any help appreciated...

$Bill

Dec 7, 2016, 3:53:53 PM12/7/16
Example of strange output please and maybe the OS you're running on.