pod incluced from modules

hymie!

Mar 1, 2023, 9:50:28 AM3/1/23

I have three perl programs, and they all use the "require" command
to call a local module for shared functions, command-line options,
and stuff like that. (All of it was written by me.)

I would like to use POD to document my three programs. However, since
they share the module, I would like to document the common stuff in the
module itself, rather than have to re-type (and remember to update) module
changes in the individual programs.

But as far as I can tell, the perldoc command does not read the
included module, it only reads the POD that is inside the specific
program file.

Is there a way that I can do this -- have perldoc "follow" my included
module and look for more POD to be displayed?

--hymie! http://nasalinux.net/~hymie hy...@nasalinux.net

Rainer Weikusat

Mar 1, 2023, 10:58:34 AM3/1/23
Judging from a cursory look at the code, no: The Pod::Perldoc module
only ever processes one file. The best you can do is probably to include
something like

See perldoc <module> for more information.

in the text.

E. Choroba

Mar 2, 2023, 4:50:18 AM3/2/23
You can introduce a "build" process to the programs that copies the relevant parts of the documentation from the modules.