List modules?

Tuxedo

Sep 14, 2021, 1:54:31 PM9/14/21
Hello,

Is there a simple way to list all core and installed modules?

I find some modules to list modules, such as Module::CoreList, but couldn't
get it to work by a quick try.

Is there a Perl command that will return a list of all core and later
installed modeles in Perl's standard module directory location(s)?

I have Perl v5.10.1 for i386-freebsd-64int.

If I run for example:

bash-4.4$ find `perl -e 'print "@INC"'` -name '*.pm' -print |grep -i UTF8

I get some files in:

/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.1/DBM_Filter/utf8.pm
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.1/utf8.pm

When I list in the same directory:

bash-4.4$ ls -1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.1/*pm

AnyDBM_File.pm
AutoLoader.pm
AutoSplit.pm
Benchmark.pm
CGI.pm
CPAN.pm
CPANPLUS.pm
Carp.pm
DB.pm
DBM_Filter.pm
Digest.pm
DirHandle.pm
Dumpvalue.pm
English.pm
Env.pm
Exporter.pm
Fatal.pm
FileCache.pm
FileHandle.pm
FindBin.pm
Memoize.pm
NEXT.pm
PerlIO.pm
Safe.pm
SelectSaver.pm
SelfLoader.pm
Shell.pm
Switch.pm
Symbol.pm
Test.pm
Thread.pm
UNIVERSAL.pm
attributes.pm
autodie.pm
autouse.pm
base.pm
bigint.pm
bignum.pm
bigrat.pm
blib.pm
bytes.pm
charnames.pm
constant.pm
diagnostics.pm
feature.pm
fields.pm
filetest.pm
if.pm
integer.pm
less.pm
locale.pm
open.pm
overload.pm
overloading.pm
parent.pm
sigtrap.pm
sort.pm
strict.pm
subs.pm
utf8.pm
vars.pm
version.pm
vmsish.pm
warnings.pm

Would this be a list of all installed modules, core or later installed in my
Perl's standard module path?

Thanks,
Tuxedo

AnonymousCoward

Sep 14, 2021, 6:46:06 PM9/14/21

> Would this be a list of all installed modules, core or later installed in my
> Perl's standard module path?

Yes.

Please also check: perldoc -q installed
They have a big and nice explanation with examples.

Tuxedo

Sep 15, 2021, 4:51:14 AM9/15/21
AnonymousCoward wrote:

> Please also check: perldoc -q installed
> They have a big and nice explanation with examples.

Thank for the tip. Very useful.