Inline::F2003

Ron Grunwald

Feb 19, 2021, 8:52:16 AM2/19/21
Hi all,

I started the Inline::F2003 project in 2017 because I have a strong
interest in modern Fortran and Perl GUI programming.

The project features the Perl module Inline::F2003. This module allows
modern Fortran source to be inlined and called in a Perl program. The
module compiles the Fortran source and builds an executable shared
library that is loaded into the Perl system.

I've uploaded a new version (1.03) to Sourceforge. The project home page
is located at,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/inline-f2003/

If you are interested in Perl-Fortran interoperability I would encourage
you to have a look and let me know what you think. At present the
project only runs on Linux systems. All the documentation is contained
in the file "README.html". Please read it carefully to get a good
understanding of the project.

Any comments/suggestions/questions are most appreciated.

Thank you!

--
Ron Grunwald | ron...@yahoo.com.au

Eli the Bearded

Feb 19, 2021, 12:46:46 PM2/19/21
In comp.lang.perl.misc, Ron Grunwald <ron...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I started the Inline::F2003 project in 2017 because I have a strong
> interest in modern Fortran and Perl GUI programming.

Oh, ah. Yes. U+F2003 is where my mind went. That's in a "private use"
block of Unicode.

Example using that particular private use block:

https://begriffs.com/posts/2019-05-23-unicode-icu.html

> The project features the Perl module Inline::F2003. This module allows
> modern Fortran source to be inlined and called in a Perl program. The
> module compiles the Fortran source and builds an executable shared
> library that is loaded into the Perl system.

I've never written a line of Fortran in my life, so I probably won't
find this useful. But it sounds cool.

Elijah
------
no relation to begriffs