best fit packing

George Bouras

Feb 11, 2021, 3:00:06 AMFeb 11
I have to put N boxes to M buckets
All the M buckets must have about the same utilization

( it is actually the elasticsearch shards and the servers )

Do you any library solving the problem ?

https://arxiv.org/abs/2012.00511

gamo

Feb 11, 2021, 4:31:07 AMFeb 11
El 11/2/21 a las 9:00, George Bouras escribió:
This is a clasical integer linear programming type of problem
called *transportation problem*. Any transportation problem
could be expressed as a set of linear inequations

Objetive function to maximize or minimize

Subject to:

[set of inequations of requirements]

Say the list of integer variables

Google: lp_solve glpk

Best.

Post data: I think that in my web you have an example with lp_solve

--
http://gamo.sdf-eu.org/
perl -E 'say "Press return to continue";'

George Bouras

Feb 11, 2021, 6:34:41 AMFeb 11
> Post data: I think that in my web you have an example with lp_solve

thanks , checking .
eeegh may be I will request a help with with specific data.
But first I will try.