Writing stderr to a file when using ShellExecuteEx to invoke external application

Joe

Feb 23, 2004, 3:39:36 PM2/23/04

I'm new to Delphi and would really appreciate some detailed help.
Here's what I'm trying to do... My delphi application calls an
external .exe with a bunch of parameters and waits for it to finish
execution. Now i want the errors from the external .exe which are
written to stderr to be redirected to a file so I can load the lines
from the file into a TStringList object. I've read about using
getSTDHandle(STD_ERROR_HANDLE) and CreateFile() functions, but got
really confused. Can someone give me an example of how to implement
the functionality I want?

Thanks,

Joe