Delphi to bytecode compiler

Jonathan Neve

Aug 27, 2004, 5:31:53 AM8/27/04
Hi all!

I'm wondering what would be involved in making a Delphi to bytecode
compiler... Does anyone have any experience writing compilers, that
could give me some advice?

The reason I think this would be useful, is that it would broaden the
scope of the Java platform, enabling many languages to be used (just
like .NET). There are already several langages (e.g. Java, Jython,
Groovy, and perhaps others), but it would be nice to have a language as
close as possible to Delphi syntax that could likewise compile into
bytecode. This would greatly facilitate converting projects from Delphi
to Java.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Joanthan Neve.

MikeB

Aug 27, 2004, 8:55:36 AM8/27/04

"Jonathan Neve" <jona...@microtec.fr> wrote in message

> Hi all!
>
> I'm wondering what would be involved in making a Delphi to bytecode
> compiler... Does anyone have any experience writing compilers, that

I believe that is exactly what Carlo Kok's Pascal Script engine does, it
converts Object Pascal to an executable Bytecode that can be:

A. Saved to a binary file for later execution
B. Executed immediately after compiling

news:remobjects.public.pascalscript and ask Carlo for clarification.....

The script engine download (which is free from www.remobjects.com) contains the
full source code.

Message has been deleted