.pas files into .exe

Warthx

Feb 15, 2004, 1:42:07 PM2/15/04
I've finally compiled my first program into a .pas file. I don't know
how to make it an executable. I'm using free pascal with gnu.

Thanks for any help

I'm very new at this. I thought the compiler would make it an .exe
instead of a .pas

bluewolf

Feb 16, 2004, 3:34:23 PM2/16/04
War...@k.st (Warthx) wrote in

The *.pas is a text file that holds the directions the compiler has
to follow when compiling the *.exe file.

Most likely gnu pascal came with program already in a *.pas file.
All your have to do is alt-f9 while you are in the gnu pascal
ide. Which will compile the instructions *.pas.

btw

Google tutuirals on the web for pascal and unzip and learn
them, because you didn't have to say you were new at this
you can just tell. Compiled your first program into a *.pas
file. You don't compile anything into a *.pas file.
The *.pas file is what you type what the complier will compile.

bluewolf