capture audio stream with mmsystem to process "streamed bits" possible

Gerd-Ulrich Meyer

Aug 15, 2022, 11:23:03 AM8/15/22
Hallo,

at the moment i'm searching for a possible way to capture an audio
stream from a definable audio input port.
The first approach was to use the "portaudio.dll" because it seemed to
provide quick and comfortable access to audio(streams) and also the
input ports.
But that way didn't work because of some unrecoverable pointer errors.
Now i have the choice between mmsystem and ACSAudio. I would prefer
mmsystem because i sure will stay under MS Windows.
My problem: is the mmsystem-subsystem capable to capture an audiostream,
provided by an (usb-)audio-input port, and to be accessed by
(Free-)Pascal so that i can process the contained data (in my case it is
a timecode-information as audiosignal and i need access to the single
bits because the timecode uses them in a special way)?
Or is there a better way?

Maybe can someone point me in a good direction please?

Many thanks in advance

Gerd-Ulrich Meyer