Checking if a Printer is connected

Samuel

Jul 4, 2003, 5:46:23 PM7/4/03
I need to know if a printer is online before spooling the printing job.
The printer can be a local or networked printer.
I'm using Delphi 6.

Is there any API call that I can use?

Thanks in advance,
Samuel

Anaz

Jul 17, 2003, 7:09:57 AM7/17/03
Samuel <noe...@innews.com> wrote in message news:<Xns93AEB4CD...@206.127.4.10>...

Hi samuel,
The "TPrinter" Class encapsulates the Windows printer interface.

see "TPrinter.Printers" this will Lists all printers installed in Windows.
Regards
[Anaz K Kabeer]

Samuel

Aug 2, 2003, 4:01:44 PM8/2/03
> Samuel <noe...@innews.com> wrote in message
>> I need to know if a printer is online before spooling the printing
>> job. ...

> Hi samuel,
> The "TPrinter" Class encapsulates the Windows printer interface.
>
> see "TPrinter.Printers" this will Lists all printers installed in
> Windows. Regards
> [Anaz K Kabeer]

Thank you, but I don't see any way to get the information I want (if a
printer is connected) from there.
I was searching high and low for that info, but it seems there is no way to
know that, only the spooler knows, but the spoller will not tell my
application about the printer status before spoooling the job.

Samuel