How to Delete All Records in A Paradox Table?

ave...@ix.netcom.com

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

Does anyone know how to delete all records in a paradox table?

I can't find a "Select All" method or anything similar.

Thanks in advance...

Sergio Torres Molins

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

Try this:

with Table1 do
while not(EOF) do Delete;
--
Sergi Torres Molins
E-mail: sert...@inf.upv.es

ave...@ix.netcom.com escribió en artículo <326BBF...@ix.netcom.com>...

Aage Johansen

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

ave...@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Does anyone know how to delete all records in a paradox table?
> I can't find a "Select All" method or anything similar.
> Thanks in advance...

Use the "EmptyTable" method. A quick look in index of the 'Database
Application Developer's Guide' would have told you this ...

Aage J.

Erik Schuurman

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

Table1.EmptyTable;

ave...@ix.netcom.com wrote in article <326BBF...@ix.netcom.com>...

gro...@mailserver.dwp.ci.la.ca.us

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96
to ave...@ix.netcom.com

wrote:
>How do you empty a Paradox table.
Here is a sample delete SQL statement:
DELETE
FROM table.db
WHERE
("DATE" >= :D1)
AND ("DATE" <= :D2)

This article was posted to Usenet via the Posting Service at Deja News:
http://www.dejanews.com/ [Search, Post, and Read Usenet News!]

tom

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

ave...@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Does anyone know how to delete all records in a paradox table?
>
> I can't find a "Select All" method or anything similar.
>
> Thanks in advance...

use the method EmptyTable of the ttable component.

regards, tom

Gary

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96
to ave...@ix.netcom.com

ave...@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Does anyone know how to delete all records in a paradox table?
>
> I can't find a "Select All" method or anything similar.
>
> Thanks in advance...

Try a method in the table component called "EmptyTable" or with a

Query Component
"Delete * from TABLENAME"
and then ExecSql. (PS Don't Open the Query as that will not work)

--
Goobyee
Gary...

'Oh Nooo, where duglass greeeen'

http://www.pipex.co.za/users/garym

oooO Oooo
----------( )---( )-------------
\ ( ) /
\_) (_/

PDClark

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

Better yet, there is a method. I belive it is, MyTable.EmptyTable.

Andrew Jacobs

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

If the table is small enough, surely you could try

for i := 1 to thetable.recordcount do
thetable.delete;

--

Andrew Jacobs
ho...@union4.su.swin.edu.au

* *
* *** The Official Lovetester page *** *
* http://www.su.swin.edu.au/~hoju/ *
* *
* Every time you visit my web page, I'll send you $40! *
* (cheques will not be honoured) *
* *

softstar

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

CatYak wrote:

> I'm not sure specifically about Paradox syntax, but, the general SQL statement:
>
> DELETE
> FROM tablename
>
> Should delete all of the record from the table. This syntax is for SQL
> server...yours might be slightly different..
>
> CatYak
> Cat...@alias.cyberpass.net
Try : emptytable.