console vs GUI

Jeff

Oct 11, 2005, 5:26:50 PM10/11/05
I wanted this to be a console application. Since I need to include a
component that retrieves e-mail (NMPOP3), I had to make it a GUI
application. Now, I want to write the results to a text file. Of course,
I cannot open a text file in a GUI application. Give me a break! Why is
everything mutually exclusive like this? What am I going to have to do in
order to make a GUI application write to a text file? Is it only version 6
of Delphi that prohibits a GUI from opening/reading/writing a text file?
Can other versions do it? Thank you for your help.

David Zimmerman

Oct 13, 2005, 2:53:26 PM10/13/05

put

{$apptype console}

near the top of your .dpr

Poof! you have a GUI app that can write on the console!
(it'll even open one if you don't run from a command line)

I do this *all* the time to use "writeln" for debugging

Message has been deleted