Borland Open Architecture Handbook for Pascal

Volker Pohlers

Aug 27, 2023, 12:42:12 PM8/27/23
Hello,

I'm searching for the book

"Borland Open Architecture Handbook for Pascal", printed by Borland,
1992 (1993?), in blue/yellow Design as the handbooks for Borland Pascal 7.0

Has anyone this book and give me a scan?

Volker

JJ

Aug 27, 2023, 9:35:55 PM8/27/23
Search for: "BC4BOA.ZIP"

Volker Pohlers

Aug 28, 2023, 3:47:56 AM8/28/23
This is the book for borland C, not for Turbo Pascal.
For Turbo Pascal there was a special edidtion.

JJ

Aug 28, 2023, 7:02:57 AM8/28/23
I noticed. I want that too. :) ... :(
It's a rare among rare books.

Though I think the only difference between the C and Pascal editions is the
binary file formats. i.e. the TPU and TPL files.

Or, does it contains more? Do you have the TOC of that book? Or any hint of
what the Pascal edition have which the C edition doesn't, other than TPU/TPL
file formats? Assuming that those file formats are made as open
architecture.

Since I'm in Asia, there's a high chance that no one has it. But if you're
in Europe or U.S., you might have a chance to borrow, rent, or buy a
second-hand book or the whole package from someone who own it. I did
searched the net and found several people which might have it. Or ask if
anyone has it in Embarcadero's Pascal forum. There are a lot more people
there than here.