Turbo Pascal V3

Robert Prins

May 21, 2021, 6:07:17 AM5/21/21
Anyone still interested in a very interesting add-on for this compiler?

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
robert(a)prino(d)org

Martin Liddle

May 21, 2021, 2:22:18 PM5/21/21
On 21/05/2021 14:06, Robert Prins wrote:
> Anyone still interested in a very interesting add-on for this compiler?

Not very interested in Turbo Pascal 3 but intrigued to know what the
interesting add-on is?

--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services
Staveley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire UK

Robert Prins

May 22, 2021, 2:32:39 AM5/22/21
On 2021-05-21 18:22, Martin Liddle wrote:
> On 21/05/2021 14:06, Robert Prins wrote:
>> Anyone still interested in a very interesting add-on for this compiler?
>>

> Not very interested in Turbo Pascal 3 but intrigued to know what the interesting
> add-on is?

TurboPower's "Turbo Library Compactor", "Turbo Object Optimizer", two programs
that can "smartlink" the TP3 RTL and do peephole optimizations on the generated
code.

Also available is "Turbo Object Librarian" (clueless) and "TDebug", a fullscreen
symbolic debugger for TP3 programs.

Jim Leonard

Dec 12, 2021, 2:57:08 PM12/12/21
On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 1:32:39 AM UTC-5, Robert Prins wrote:
> TurboPower's "Turbo Library Compactor", "Turbo Object Optimizer", two programs
> that can "smartlink" the TP3 RTL and do peephole optimizations on the generated
> code.
>
> Also available is "Turbo Object Librarian" (clueless) and "TDebug", a fullscreen
> symbolic debugger for TP3 programs.

I would *very* much like to play with those. Are they online somewhere?

Paolo Amoroso

Nov 16, 2022, 10:16:08 AM11/16/22
On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 8:32:39 AM UTC+2, Robert Prins wrote:
> TurboPower's "Turbo Library Compactor", "Turbo Object Optimizer", two programs
> that can "smartlink" the TP3 RTL and do peephole optimizations on the generated
> code.
>
> Also available is "Turbo Object Librarian" (clueless) and "TDebug", a fullscreen
> symbolic debugger for TP3 programs.

Are the tools available for download? Do they work on CP/M?

Robert Prins

Nov 16, 2022, 11:56:00 AM11/16/22
Not yet. They're unlikely to work with CP/M as they rely on the x86 instruction
set. That said, someone with the knowledge might be able to convert them to use
the 8080 / z80 (?) instruction sets. Contact me privately.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
robert(a)prino(d)org
The hitchhiking grandfather - https://prino.neocities.org/

Volker Pohlers

Aug 27, 2023, 12:40:00 PM8/27/23
take a look onto Turbo Pascal peephole Optimizer for Pascal CP/M (in
Pascal with sources), Author is unknown

https://mark-ogden.uk/mirrors/www.cirsovius.de/CPM/Projekte/Artikel/TP/TurboOptim/Optim.html

Volker