Graphical Text Input in TP7

Ian

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

I have a big problem! I am trying to write a graphics/text based adventure
game (ie. displays surroundings on the screen and type to control character}

I need a way in Turbo Pascal 7.0 to take in data and process it. Also
echoing it to the screen at a desired location in a nice font.

I am using a Mode 13 (320x200x256) VGA.

Any help or solutions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Ian Rothfuss
I...@GNN.COM
:-)

Brady Holt

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

This Is Actully Pretty Easy. If you are using TP's Graph Unit - Do This:

PROCEDURE READANDWRITEFONTTEXT;
VAR
ch:CHAR;
textentered:STRING;
xposition:integer;
BEGIN
REPEAT
ch:=readkey; {Sets Ch to What you type}
textentered:=textentered + ch; {Adds What you typed to The String.}
xposition:=xpostion + 13; {Puts What you Typed 13 pixels After Your
Last Char}
settextstyle(gothicfont,0,2);
outtextxy(xposition,100,ch);
UNTIL ord(ch)=13; {Repeat All That Until Enter Is Pressed.}
IF textentered='kill' THEN
kill;
IF textentered='left' THEN
goleft;
END;

You Get The Idea..... Good Luck!

Brady Holt

Brian Rothfuss

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Actually I am not using TP's BGI. I am using a mode 13h unit I downloaded.
Probably the hardest part of my problem is echoing to the screen in a
pleasing font.

Thanks again!
Ian Rothfuss
I...@GNN.COM