comp.lang.objective-c

Siri Cruise

Mar 29, 2016, 2:38:30 PM3/29/16
Is there anything written up on hoe to knock out the fershinlunger reference
counting with llvm objc and have it use boehm gc instead?

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
If you assume the final scene is a dying delusion as Tom Cruise drowns below
the Louvre, then Edge of Tomorrow has a happy ending. Kill Tom repeat..

Keith Thompson

Mar 29, 2016, 3:13:18 PM3/29/16
Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> writes:
> Is there anything written up on hoe to knock out the fershinlunger reference
> counting with llvm objc and have it use boehm gc instead?

Why did you cross-post this to comp.lang.c?

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) ks...@mib.org <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>

Don Bruder

Mar 29, 2016, 3:44:52 PM3/29/16
In article <lnd1qd1...@kst-u.example.com>,
Keith Thompson <ks...@mib.org> wrote:

> Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Is there anything written up on hoe to knock out the fershinlunger
> > reference
> > counting with llvm objc and have it use boehm gc instead?
>
> Why did you cross-post this to comp.lang.c?

The better question is why it was posted in gibberish instead of some
language known to human beings.

--
Brought to you by the letter Q and the number .357
Fan of Horace S. and Dan W.

Pascal J. Bourguignon

Mar 29, 2016, 5:44:42 PM3/29/16
Don Bruder <dak...@sonic.net> writes:

> In article <lnd1qd1...@kst-u.example.com>,
> Keith Thompson <ks...@mib.org> wrote:
>
>> Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> writes:
>> > Is there anything written up on hoe to knock out the fershinlunger
>> > reference
>> > counting with llvm objc and have it use boehm gc instead?
>>
>> Why did you cross-post this to comp.lang.c?
>
> The better question is why it was posted in gibberish instead of some
> language known to human beings.

I can translate:

>> > Is there anything written up on how to knock out the fucking
>> > reference counting with llvm objc and have it use boehm gc instead?

Or, in short, how to disable ARC when compiling with clang?

It's done normally with the -fno-objc-arc option.