YottaDB access from Lua; web framework performance

K.S. Bhaskar

Jun 23, 2022, 5:10:03 PM6/23/22
YottaDB now has a native API for the Lua programming language (https://www.lua.org/). The wrapper (https://github.com/orbitalquark/lua-yottadb) was created by Mitchell (https://github.com/orbitalquark) and sponsored by the University of Antwerp Library (https://www.uantwerpen.be/library/). We would like to thank Mitchell and the University of Antwerp Library for this important contribution.

- Our Get Started page (https://yottadb.com/product/get-started/) gets you going immediately.
- The Acculturation Guide includes access from Lua (https://docs.yottadb.com/AcculturationGuide/acculturation.html#access-from-lua).
- The complete API is documented in the Lua section of the Multi-Language Programmers Guide (https://docs.yottadb.com/MultiLangProgGuide/luaprogram.html).

We also welcome Ram Sailopal back to the YottaDB blog (https://yottadb.com/blog/) with his second guest post, Comparing YottaDB Web Framework Performance (https://yottadb.com/comparing-yottadb-web-framework-performance/).

Please try Lua access to YottaDB, read Ram's blog post, and tell us what you think. Thank you.

Regards
– Bhaskar

K.S. Bhaskar
President, YottaDB LLC
bha...@yottadb.com
https://yottadb.com

--
YottaDB - Rock solid. Lightning fast. Secure. Pick any three.

David Wicksell

Jun 27, 2022, 1:59:20 AM6/27/22
Congratulations Bhaskar!

David Wicksell
Fourth Watch Software LC

OldMster

Jun 27, 2022, 11:34:13 AM6/27/22
Congrats Bhaskar and team! The performance comparison by Ram are interesting, and make Lua, which I had never heard of, something I need to check in to.

Mark