M2SQL - A Project i developed and release as open source

rafi farchi

Oct 5, 2021, 9:24:33 AM10/5/21
Hello Mumps Community ,

I have developed a very promising tool (to my opinion) which let you
map your mumps Globals in a relational view and as a result you can replicate
your mumps data to your favorite Relational data base .
The Replication can be either entire (generally daily) or
incremental , transferring only changes assuring an almost online relational
clone of your mumps data .
The purpose id not migration but benefiting from industry standard reporting tools and BI tools which will run on your clone relational DB.
The performance is very good . Replicating 10,000,000 records on mumps globals to sqlite DB (export and import) will take 2 minutes .
In case of incremental approach , updating 10,000 changes vs 10,000,000 lines Db will take 2 seconds (using sqlite replace) .

link :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/m2sql/

The product itself is completed and i still polishing the documentation .
Will be happy to assist any organization who wish to be a beta site .
It shroud be a medium size mumps data base and a real active application .
I will guide them on the mapping process and improve the product as we go .