PostgreSQL Interface in DB package

DirtyBoy

Oct 29, 2015, 6:06:06 PM10/29/15
I do realise this group is largely stale and unused, but I don't seem to
have much choice. I'm trying to use the "PostgreSQL" interface for the
DB module (i.e. DB.FindInterface("PostgreSQL")) but keep getting the
error "Interface 'PostgreSQLDB' not found."

I have PostgreSQL installed, I have libpq installed (and the system is
able to link to it), but it seems only the "stub" is being used, and not
the actual PostgreSQLDB.m3 file (at least, that's my assuption). The
source file for the stub mentions cm3.cfg and the m3makefile, but gives
no indication of what should actually be done to have the correct
compilation complete.

I'd really rather not be forced to use the "postgres95" library, as it
seems very "raw", and requires a lot of switching in and out of C values
(which kind of defeats the point of using a higher-level language, IMO).

DirtyBoy

Oct 29, 2015, 6:08:00 PM10/29/15
I suppose I should give SOME details of the environment:
Critical Mass Modula-3 version d5.10.0
last updated: 2015-05-21
compiled: 2015-10-29 03:12:35
configuration: /usr/local/cm3/bin/cm3.cfg
host: AMD64_LINUX
target: AMD64_LINUX

Daniel Benavides

Oct 30, 2015, 10:56:08 AM10/30/15
I have an newer than 95 wrapper by Daniel Solaz but last time I tried didn't work for me, I'll mail iope itt you attached.

Hope it helps

DirtyBoy

Nov 2, 2015, 7:33:54 PM11/2/15
Thanks for sending that over, but as you warned, it didn't work for me
either (doesn't even compile).

Pity - I'm under time pressure, so I, unfortunately, have to drop
Modula-3 for this project.

Daniel Benavides

Nov 3, 2015, 10:52:46 AM11/3/15
On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 5:06:06 PM UTC-5, DirtyBoy wrote:
Hi, didn´t know it doesn't compile as I don't have an operative compiler right now.
Wish it was of help bit more.
Have good luck