Need help getting Modula-3 going on Xubuntu box

duke

Jun 1, 2011, 3:22:55 PM6/1/11
Hey Group ...

Anybody running CM3 on an X(Ubuntu) or Debian box, that can me some
hints on how to install it? TIA ...
--
Duke

duke

Jun 2, 2011, 4:04:21 PM6/2/11

Everybody relax! :D I got it cm3 up and running.

What a GREAT system! The CM3_IDE is pretty cool.

Question:
Is the cm3 tutorial at the opencm3 site suppose to appear in CM3_IDE?
I can't seem to get anything to happen with the IDE tutorial link.
--
Duke

Daniel Benavides

Jun 3, 2011, 9:13:07 AM6/3/11
to m3d...@elegosoft.com
Hi all:
good question, it's supposed though it must be in the standard
location (default is /usr/local/cm3/doc, at least if anything found it
assumes that, I think it warns that, doesn't it? )

To download, since it's not packages anyhow:

cvs -d :pserver:anon...@modula3.elegosoft.com:/usr/cvs login

cvs -d :pserver:anon...@modula3.elegosoft.com:/usr/cvs checkout cm3/
doc

see:
http://opencm3.net/cvs-cm3.html

Hope it helps and thanks in advance
(any other interesting cm3 related questions you may redirect if so to
m3d...@elegosoft.com)

duke

Jun 4, 2011, 8:50:50 AM6/4/11
to m3d...@elegosoft.com
@Daniel
Thanks for the cvs info!

On my install,

/usr/local/cm3/doc

is empty. So I'll load it up using "cvs".
Much obliged!
--
Duke