My ETh Lilith @ VCFE Munchen

65 views
Skip to first unread message

Jos Dreesen

unread,
Apr 30, 2014, 3:26:40 PM4/30/14
to

Might be of interest to some :


I will be demonstrating my running Lilith ( ETH Modula2 computer by Wirth / Ohran )
at the Vintage Computer Festival in Munchen

When : this weekend 3-4 Mai 2014
Where : at the VCFE ! http://www.vcfe.org/D/index.html

Jos Dreesen

Nemo

unread,
May 1, 2014, 1:36:16 PM5/1/14
to
On 30/04/2014 15:26, Jos Dreesen wrote:
>
> Might be of interest to some :

Of great interest but on the other side of the ocean...

Nemo

unread,
May 3, 2014, 5:22:49 PM5/3/14
to
On 04/30/14 15:26, Jos Dreesen wrote (in part):
[...]
> Jos Dreesen

Jos:

Your ftp site seems to be down lately. Please advise.

N.

Jos Dreesen

unread,
May 5, 2014, 12:53:36 PM5/5/14
to
On 05/01/2014 07:36 PM, Nemo wrote:
> On 30/04/2014 15:26, Jos Dreesen wrote:
>>
>> Might be of interest to some :
>
> Of great interest but on the other side of the ocean...




w.r.t to the demo : you didn't miss much.

The monitor Flyback transformer went 2 days before the show.

A replacement monitor I borrowed from a fellow collector would have saved the show,
if i did not misplug the keyboard and V24/floppy cables.

Lilith has two identical DB25 connectors next to each other :

Keyboard / Mouse / Display and V24 / Floppy

If you misplug, the +5V of the keyboard electronics is plugged into the raw +12V of the floppy.
Guess what happened....

The monitor is Lilith-specific, the keyboard is Lilith-specific and Lilith does not boot without a keyboard.

The number of known functional Liliths now stands at zero.

Work to do....

Jos

Jos Dreesen

unread,
May 5, 2014, 12:54:36 PM5/5/14
to
DynDns stopped its excellent free DNS service.

I moved everything to this new URL :

ftp://ftp.dreesen.ch/Emulith

Let me know if you run into troubles.

Jos

Nemo

unread,
May 6, 2014, 11:39:37 AM5/6/14
to
On 05/05/14 12:53, Jos Dreesen wrote (in part):
> Lilith has two identical DB25 connectors next to each other :
>
> Keyboard / Mouse / Display and V24 / Floppy
>
> If you misplug, the +5V of the keyboard electronics is plugged into the
> raw +12V of the floppy.
> Guess what happened....

Oooohhhh - Ouch!

> The number of known functional Liliths now stands at zero.
>
> Work to do....

Good luck!

N.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages