Tips/tricks for Peter Hochstrasser's Modula-2 System for Z80 CP/M?

Brian Knoblauch

Apr 4, 2021, 9:46:45 AM4/4/21
Ran across this recently http://www.cpm.z80.de/develop.htm and figured I'd give it a shot. I've got a Commodore 128 as well as the VICE emulator to play around with it. Curious if anyone else has and if there are any tips/tricks/interesting observations for it.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Knoblauch

Jun 27, 2021, 2:53:40 PM6/27/21
I've been able to get the ZP/M clone of CP/M up and running on my Commodore 128 with a BackBit device for I/O. Tested with available Assembly and BASIC disk images and performance is a bit slow, but usable. This Modula-2 system doesn't have a pre-made disk image (just loose files), so that adds a wrinkle for me to work out (especially with a 4 mounted disk limitation on CP/M). Currently looking for good disk image building software for Commodore, hoping that I'll be able to combine all these files into a single large disk (maybe .d71, possibly .d81?). Wouldn't mind finding a good freeware editor for CP/M too as "ed" is going to get a bit tedious!