Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

what happened to comp.lang.oberon ?

閲覧: 107 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

rugxulo

未読、
2023/05/25 1:29:302023/05/25
To:
I realize this is a bit of a silly question, but since Modula-2 and Oberon are closely related, I figure I'd ask here.

What happened to news://comp.lang.oberon ??

I think it still exists, but it hasn't shown up (for me, in Google Groups) in ages, and I don't know why.

"Banned content warning
comp.lang.oberon has been identified as containing spam, malware, or other malicious content."

Sounds unlikely. Worse is that there's no one to ask officially, no way to find out for sure. So I keep wondering and wanting to ask *someone*.

Any ideas?

Chris Burrows

未読、
2023/05/26 1:03:172023/05/26
To:
See the related posts and ensuing discussions in 2022 on the ETH Oberon Mailing list:

[Oberon] Is anyone here a moderator or admin of comp.lang.oberon?
https://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2022/016270.html

Oberon] Archive of comp.lang.oberon
https://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2022/016472.html

Paul Attryde

未読、
2023/05/26 7:42:392023/05/26
To:
On 2023-05-25 01:29, rugxulo wrote:
> I realize this is a bit of a silly question, but since Modula-2 and Oberon are closely related, I figure I'd ask here.
>
> What happened to news://comp.lang.oberon ??
>
> I think it still exists, but it hasn't shown up (for me, in Google Groups) in ages, and I don't know why.

Nothing happened to it, it's still there.
That's what you get for using google instead of a news server.

rugxulo

未読、
2023/12/15 19:38:572023/12/15
To:
Hi,
"Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today."

Brian Knoblauch

未読、
2023/12/30 11:36:372023/12/30
To:
On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 7:42:39 AM UTC-4, Paul Attryde wrote:
> That's what you get for using google instead of a news server.

With google groups ending Usenet access, any recommendations on a real news server to use instead?

Thanks,
Brian

Arne Vajhøj

未読、
2023/12/30 11:39:342023/12/30
To:
Many use Eternal September - see https://www.eternal-september.org/ for
details.

Arne

SugarBug

未読、
2023/12/31 2:36:102023/12/31
To:
List of free Usenet servers: <https://sybershock.com/#usenet>.

Share this link with other soon-to-be google groups refugees.

--
38...@sugar.bug | sybershock.com | talk.politics.crypto

Brian Knoblauch

未読、
2023/12/31 13:15:272023/12/31
To:
On Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 2:36:10 AM UTC-5, SugarBug wrote:
> List of free Usenet servers: <https://sybershock.com/#usenet>.
>
> Share this link with other soon-to-be google groups refugees.

Thanks! I will share! I did get signed up with eternal-september.org, but am still in the process of finding a client application. I was planning on using slrn, but apparently it does not support the required authentication...

--Brian

Arne Vajhøj

未読、
2023/12/31 13:44:282023/12/31
To:
On 12/31/2023 1:15 PM, Brian Knoblauch wrote:
> On Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 2:36:10 AM UTC-5, SugarBug wrote:
>> List of free Usenet servers: <https://sybershock.com/#usenet>.

> I did get signed up with
> eternal-september.org, but am still in the process of finding a
> client application. I was planning on using slrn, but apparently it
> does not support the required authentication...

ThunderBird works with E-S.

Arne

OrangeFish

未読、
2024/01/01 13:07:101月1日
To:
Please consider donations to Eternal September. Since the Google trash
spout was closed, they have received over 3000 new subscribers.

OF

Brian Knoblauch

未読、
2024/02/14 8:00:502月14日
To:
Oddly the only comp.lang group I managed to find through Eternal September was comp.lang.go. Very strange. Back to Google Groups until the 22nd I guess. After that I'll have to figure out a new plan...

--Brian

OrangeFish

未読、
2024/02/14 11:46:042月14日
To:
On 2024-02-14 08:00, Brian Knoblauch wrote:
> Oddly the only comp.lang group I managed to find through Eternal September was comp.lang.go. Very strange.

That is strange. I subscribe to 10 groups in comp.lang.* via Eternal
September. What reader are you using?

OF

Brian Knoblauch

未読、
2024/02/14 15:12:192月14日
To:
That's with Thunderbird.

I tested a small handful of clients both GNU/Linux and Windows and that's the only one I could get to connect, but unfortunately I have that oddity of only seeing that one comp.lang group.

What are others using successfully? Anyone running OpenIndiana? As a Solaris guy from back in the day I'm wondering if that would include a better client?

Manuel Collado

未読、
2024/02/15 3:56:222月15日
To:
El 14/2/24 a las 21:12, Brian Knoblauch escribió:
I'm subscribed to comp.lang.oberon (and other comp.lang.* groups) via
Eternal September and Mozilla Thunderbird. There is very very low
traffic on oberon. Last messages are a couple of them in 2022 and a
singe message on November 2023.

HTH

OrangeFish

未読、
2024/02/17 14:39:552月17日
To:
This is getting really off-topic: I just built tin-2.6.3 on Solaris
11.3/Sparc and I have no problem connecting with
news.eternal-september.org. I can see comp.lang.oberon.

OF

新着メール 0 件