Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Modula-2 Users' Association

ungelesen,
20.08.1990, 04:29:5220.08.90
an
Modula-2 User's Association (MODUS)

Yes this group is still alive. We have been inactive for
nearly two years. A few of us are working to keep things
going during the next few years. Now that a "Standard
Modula-2" is relatively close to being finished there
is much interest and questions about how one adapts
to using "Standard" Modula-2. We are hoping the user
community will provide us with plenty of letters and
articles about the new standard for publication in the
quarterly. Issue #10 of the quarterly has been published.
According to current records there are not many paid
subscribers, so most people won't be getting a copy right
away.

The following should give some idea of what Association does:

"The Modula-2 Users' Association exists to provide a forum for
communication between all parties interested in the Modula-2
Language. The primary function of the association is to publish
the MODUS Quarterly. Also the association has occasionally
sponsored conferences.

"Modula-2 is still a new and developing language; this organization
provides implementors and serious users a means to keep informed
about the standardization effort, while discussing implementation
ideas and peculiarities. For the recreational user, there is
information on the status of the language standard, along with
examples and ideas for programming in Modula-2. For everyone,
there is information on current implementations and the other
resources available for obtaining information on the language.

This news posting is being done by Stan Osborne the American
Administrator. There is also a European Administrator, Aline
Sigrist.

This posting will be followed by others with more information
about what is happening, etc. If you don't see your question
asked (or answered) in the soon to follow notices, send email
or post them to the group.

Your comments, suggestions, etc. are welcomed.

Other things to think about and discuss:

Should the User group expand to include Modula-3 and Oberon?

Should the Quarterly include letters and articles about
Modula-3 and Oberon?

Stan Osborne

Preston Briggs

ungelesen,
20.08.1990, 09:22:2220.08.90
an
In article <8...@toaster.SFSU.EDU> mo...@toaster.SFSU.EDU (Modula-2 Users' Association) writes:

> Should the User group expand to include Modula-3 and Oberon?
>
> Should the Quarterly include letters and articles about
> Modula-3 and Oberon?

I'd like to see Oberon and M-3 covered fully.
They're the reason I read this newsgroup in the 1st place.

--
Preston Briggs looking for the great leap forward
pre...@titan.rice.edu

Allen antworten
Dem Autor antworten
Weiterleiten