speed adjustment

Thaddeus Slamp

Apr 18, 2018, 11:09:05 AM4/18/18
What is the equivalent in logo (UCBLOGO, specifically) of a for next loop in basic (in basic, actually, for next loops can be used in at least 2 ways, to count and to slow a display down. I'm interested in the latter use. I have a turtle drawing that goes to fast for my purposes). Please and thank you.

kenjohns...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2018, 10:29:02 PM10/4/18
Try REPEAT 100 [ ]

Bill Gunshannon

Oct 7, 2018, 8:17:22 PM10/7/18
Or much higher if your on anything newer than a PDP-11.

bill

kenjohns...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2018, 4:49:58 AM10/8/18
You could also replace, say, FORWARD 100 by REPEAT 100 [FORWARD 1]

In Nimbus Logo you could redefine the primitive FORWARD like this

TO FORWARD :DISTANCE
REPEAT :DISTANCE [$FORWARD 1]

$FORWARD is the system primitive FORWARD. The new definition of
FORWARD becomes the default action.