hello new logo user here!

joseph turco

Aug 12, 2021, 11:09:26 AM8/12/21
hello all,

i am a new hobbyist programmer and have been on the hunt for a language i enjoy, ive tried the mainstream stuff, and have also tried APL and smalltalk. I still didn't find anything i could understand, but then i heard about logo. I found Brian Harveys book's and i have to say, i really enjoy how its written for someone looking to learn and isn't a CS major. I think this is the language i have been looking for! So id thought id say ' print [Hello world!]

regards,

Joseph Turco

Qitam Nova

Aug 13, 2021, 2:28:38 AM8/13/21
Hello Joseph,

welcome to this group. Have a lot of fun exploring Logo! It was a language I learned nearly 40 years ago, and I still come back. Logo is not about the language, it‘s a tool to play with your ideas, and it teaches you to find solutions. Have a great time!

Qitam

joseph turco

Aug 28, 2021, 10:48:40 AM8/28/21
yeah, its just easier for me to grasp the concepts with logo. everything else was just an overload for me. I hope to enjoy it more!

Qitam Nova

Sep 1, 2021, 4:52:07 AM9/1/21
Hey Jo!

If you need further insights I can recommend you Brian Harvey's books on Logo. You can find an online version here: http://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/v1-toc2.html It helped me a lot!. Oh, and yes, everyone here in this group will answer your questions, too.

Have a great day!

Qitam