A mistake on the CLHS page for DEFGENERIC

Spiros Bousbouras

Apr 15, 2022, 6:49:14 AM4/15/22
CLHS gives {
option::= (:argument-precedence-order parameter-name+) |
(declare gf-declaration+) |
(:documentation gf-documentation) |
(:method-combination method-combination method-combination-argument*) |
[...]
method-combination-name---a symbol naming a method combination type.
}

The line
(:method-combination method-combination method-combination-argument*) |
should have been
(:method-combination method-combination-name method-combination-argument*) |

By the way , I remember seeing many years ago a web page or wiki or something
which collected in one place all the errata in CLHS. But I couldn't find it
in my bookmarks. Does this ring a bell with anyone ? If not , perhaps we could
set something up. Even a recurring post on this group collecting in one place
all the errata would be useful.

--
and that Inductive Reasoning, which has long been the glory of Science, will
have ceased to be the scandal of Philosophy?

Lieven Marchand

Apr 15, 2022, 7:18:04 AM4/15/22

https://www.cliki.net/ANSI%20Clarifications%20and%20Errata

--
Laat hulle almal sterf. Ek is tevrede om die wêreld te sien brand en die vallende
konings te spot. Ek en my aasdier sal loop op die as van die verwoeste aarde.