Common-Lisp-POSIX on cliki

28 views
Skip to first unread message

Pascal Bourguignon

unread,
Jun 14, 2003, 4:20:20 AM6/14/03
to

I've posted a couple of pages about Specifications of a SUSv3 API in
Common-Lisp on cliki:

http://www.cliki.net/Common-Lisp-POSIX

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__ http://www.informatimago.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.

Nikodemus Siivola

unread,
Jun 14, 2003, 6:26:37 AM6/14/03
to
Pascal Bourguignon <sp...@thalassa.informatimago.com> wrote:

> I've posted a couple of pages about Specifications of a SUSv3 API in
> Common-Lisp on cliki:

Are you aware of Daniel Barlow's efforts in similar direction? I see no
reference to his proposal or the related discussion that happened here --
so I am wondering if you are aware that is exists.

http://alu.cliki.net/com-metacircles-posix

Also, have you considered using a non-authoritative name for this? If so,
than would you like to link your proposal here:

http://alu.cliki.net/Standard

Cheers,

-- Nikodemus

Pascal Bourguignon

unread,
Jun 14, 2003, 9:04:45 AM6/14/03
to
Nikodemus Siivola <tsii...@kekkonen.cs.hut.fi> writes:

> Pascal Bourguignon <sp...@thalassa.informatimago.com> wrote:
>
> > I've posted a couple of pages about Specifications of a SUSv3 API in
> > Common-Lisp on cliki:
>
> Are you aware of Daniel Barlow's efforts in similar direction? I see no
> reference to his proposal or the related discussion that happened here --
> so I am wondering if you are aware that is exists.
>
> http://alu.cliki.net/com-metacircles-posix

Well, before inserting my pages in http://www.cliki.net, I did a
search on posix and since it did not return anything, I assumed that
there was nothing in this cliki about a POSIX interface in
Common-Lisp.

How could I have guessed that there was an alternative cliki on
alu.cliki.net?

Why aren't their search motors linked?

On ALU CLiki, the page are marked with a "This is a test site."
What does that mean?

Should we use www.cliki.net or alu.cliki.net?


> Also, have you considered using a non-authoritative name for this? If so,
> than would you like to link your proposal here:
>
> http://alu.cliki.net/Standard


com-metacircle-posix:

The scope of this interface is "operating system calls on a typical
Unixlike platform".

(in addition, the approach to the API is low-level FFI)


Common-Lisp-POSIX:

The main purpose is to define a Common-Lisp SUSv3/POSIX API.

(while here we want to specify a pure lisp API).


The objective is slightly more ambitious. In the end, we could have a
document that could be submited for inclusion in the suite of POSIX
languages API.

I use the name Common-Lisp-POSIX only as a flag to rally everybody
concerned. No relation to the name of the packages.
See: http://www.cliki.net/cl-posix-generalities

Daniel Barlow

unread,
Jun 14, 2003, 9:34:40 AM6/14/03
to

Pascal Bourguignon <sp...@thalassa.informatimago.com> wrote:
>
>> I've posted a couple of pages about Specifications of a SUSv3 API in
>> Common-Lisp on cliki:
>
Nikodemus Siivola <tsii...@kekkonen.cs.hut.fi> writes:
> Are you aware of Daniel Barlow's efforts in similar direction? I see no
> reference to his proposal or the related discussion that happened here --

I see no reference to my proposal there either, but I do see large
chunks of text which appear to have been copied and pasted from it
verbatim <http://www.cliki.net/cl-posix-generalities>, which I think
is either a truly incredible coincidence or a pretty good indication
that Pascal is aware of it.

-dan

--

http://www.cliki.net/ - Link farm for free CL-on-Unix resources

Pascal Bourguignon

unread,
Jun 14, 2003, 9:54:27 PM6/14/03
to

Daniel Barlow <d...@telent.net> writes:

> Pascal Bourguignon <sp...@thalassa.informatimago.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I've posted a couple of pages about Specifications of a SUSv3 API in
> >> Common-Lisp on cliki:
> >
> Nikodemus Siivola <tsii...@kekkonen.cs.hut.fi> writes:
> > Are you aware of Daniel Barlow's efforts in similar direction? I see no
> > reference to his proposal or the related discussion that happened here --
>
> I see no reference to my proposal there either, but I do see large
> chunks of text which appear to have been copied and pasted from it
> verbatim <http://www.cliki.net/cl-posix-generalities>, which I think
> is either a truly incredible coincidence or a pretty good indication
> that Pascal is aware of it.

Indeed, as noted at the beginning, I took notes from the newsgroup
discussion about it.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages