Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller, Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?

Peri Didaskalou

Nov 24, 2021, 2:40:21 PM11/24/21
Greetings All,

I've searched everywhere for both a physical or PDF copy of this title:

"The AI-Workbench BABYLON: An open and portable development environment
for expert systems", Academic Press, London, 1992, ISBN 0-12-174235-0
by Christaller, T., Di Primio, F., Vo', A. (eds).

If no-one with a copy is willing to scan it to an e-book format for
about $150 from me, I don't suppose there someone willing to lend me
theirs, by allowing me to pay for the shipping both ways, and also pay
you for your time/effort and materials to pack and send it.

Sincerely,
Peri Didaskalou

Tom Russ

Nov 30, 2021, 6:16:49 PM11/30/21
On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 11:40:21 AM UTC-8, Peri Didaskalou wrote:
> I've searched everywhere for both a physical or PDF copy of this title:
>
> "The AI-Workbench BABYLON: An open and portable development environment
> for expert systems", Academic Press, London, 1992, ISBN 0-12-174235-0
> by Christaller, T., Di Primio, F., Vo', A. (eds).

I don't happen to have a copy, but if all you need is the code, it appears you can find that
here: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/areas/expert/systems/babylon/
(Although I haven't downloaded that).

Another option might be to try Emailing the authors directly to see if they have a copy.

Peri Didaskalou

Dec 1, 2021, 3:35:33 PM12/1/21
Thanks Tom,
Yes, I had found that CMU repository. That's where I noticed the books
listed, related to the project. The only place I found Christaller,
Thomas was at ResearchGate.com. However, the hobby status of my project
and my lack of scientific credentials, I suppose is the reason I didn't
qualify for an account there. It appears Christaller has most if not all
of the book available electronically there.
Since I posted my this message, I managed to score a copy of the second,
mentioned title: _CONSAT: A System for Constraint Satisfaction_('89).
by Hans Werner Güsgen. It's quite good in describing a 'constraint'
strategy, which is used in Babylon; as it specifically points out.

So, I'm well enough on my way with the project source and this
earlier reference.

I appreciate your reply in so much as it reminded me that I hadn't
looked for the other co-authors, or for that matter, the author of this
earlier book.
Peri

wolfman jack

Dec 8, 2021, 3:30:45 AM12/8/21
The book is available on Amazon. According to the German Wikipedia, the author teaches Aikido now, some googling then helps you find him at
https://lebenskunst-bonn.de/thomas-christaller/
There is no full text or ebook link on Researchgate.

Peri Didaskalou

Dec 8, 2021, 10:01:51 AM12/8/21
It was available on Amazon.de, and still listed on all the Amazon sites
as 'temporarily out of stock', but I highly doubt another print run is
scheduled. In fact, my attempting to buy it from Amazon.de, the English
version at that, my order was accepted, and then a few days later,
refunded back to me due to it not being in stock.
I then repeated the same process at amazon.co.uk ... So I've done my
part to increase demand for it. ;)