danamic recursive data structure

Bigos

Sep 24, 2022, 7:48:22 AM9/24/22

I am trying to build dynamic recursive data structure for my hobby project. But I wonder if I am unnecessarily reinventing the wheel.

https://github.com/bigos/Pyrulis/blob/master/Lisp/hashpath.lisp

Does there exist a more complete project that does something similar? How could I do the similar with MOP?

Tom Russ

Sep 24, 2022, 12:05:37 PM9/24/22
Can you provide a bit more of a summary of what the code is supposed to be doing?

Bigos

Sep 24, 2022, 12:36:51 PM9/24/22
I need a way of storing values in a nested (possibly recursive) data structure. Something similar to a file system storing in files.

Tom Russ

Sep 26, 2022, 2:38:50 PM9/26/22
Have you considered building this out of PATHNAME objects to handle the path component and perhaps HASHTABLEs to map the pathname to particular values?

Bigos

Sep 26, 2022, 3:28:40 PM9/26/22
On Monday, 26 September 2022 at 19:38:50 UTC+1, Tom Russ wrote:
> Have you considered building this out of PATHNAME objects to handle the path component and perhaps HASHTABLEs to map the pathname to particular values?

Yes, but I did not have time yet to implement it in my example.