#i(report 2), what's mean?

Jinsong Zhao

Apr 29, 2023, 4:13:51 AM4/29/23
Hi there,

When I read a library, I noted there is something like:

#i(report 2)
(defun report...)

or

#i(checking-length 1)
(macrolet ((checking-length ...

I searched CLHT, #i is undefined. So what's the mean?

Any hint? Thanks in advance.

Best,
Jinsong

Kaz Kylheku

Apr 29, 2023, 4:45:13 AM4/29/23
On 2023-04-29, Jinsong Zhao <jsz...@yeah.net> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> When I read a library, I noted there is something like:
>
> #i(report 2)
> (defun report...)
>
> or
>
> #i(checking-length 1)
> (macrolet ((checking-length ...
>
> I searched CLHT, #i is undefined. So what's the mean?

This means that the library defined its own reader macro keyed to the
#\# #\i dispatch character pair, using set-dispatch-macro-character.
Or perhaps through some intermediary like the named-readtables module,
and its defreadtable construct.

Mastodon: @Kazi...@mstdn.ca

Jinsong Zhao

Apr 29, 2023, 10:35:19 AM4/29/23
On 2023/4/29 16:45, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> On 2023-04-29, Jinsong Zhao <jsz...@yeah.net> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> When I read a library, I noted there is something like:
>>
>> #i(report 2)
>> (defun report...)
>>
>> or
>>
>> #i(checking-length 1)
>> (macrolet ((checking-length ...
>>
>> I searched CLHT, #i is undefined. So what's the mean?
>
> This means that the library defined its own reader macro keyed to the
> #\# #\i dispatch character pair, using set-dispatch-macro-character.
> Or perhaps through some intermediary like the named-readtables module,
> and its defreadtable construct.

Thank you very much for the information. I have got the definition of #i.

Best,
Jinsong