Flatpak based Common Lisp applications

Ralph Schleicher

Dec 11, 2020, 4:08:23 PM12/11/20
Hello,

we all know that deploying CL applications is not that easy if you use
foreign libraries or other fancy dependencies (at least if you use a
non-commercial CL implementation). Thus, I thought it might be a good
idea to deploy CL applications as Flatpak images. That way it is not
required to either build a standalone application or require the user
to install a CL runtime environment.

To check this out I created a project to build a Flatpak based Common
Lisp runtime environment. Up to now I managed to integrate CCL and
SBCL. The next step will be to integrate Quicklisp. If you like the
idea, see <https://gitlab.com/ralph-schleicher/flatpak-common-lisp>
for more details.

Stay healty
--
Ralph

st...@l0ft.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me

Sep 18, 2021, 7:40:17 AM9/18/21
Ralph Schleicher <rs+u...@ralph-schleicher.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> we all know that deploying CL applications is not that easy if you use
> foreign libraries or other fancy dependencies (at least if you use a
> non-commercial CL implementation).

Here here...

> Thus, I thought it might be a good
> idea to deploy CL applications as Flatpak images.

I know I probably sound like a fool; what is this flatpack? I do not
have java installed so web searching is not available...

> To check this out I created a project to build a Flatpak based Common
> Lisp runtime environment. Up to now I managed to integrate CCL and
> SBCL. The next step will be to integrate Quicklisp. If you like the
> idea, see <https://gitlab.com/ralph-schleicher/flatpak-common-lisp>
> for more details.

Thanx for the link...