ALU International Lisp Conference, 2009

Daniel Weinreb

Feb 16, 2008, 8:26:19 AM2/16/08
The Association of Lisp Users (http://www.alu.org/alu/home) will
be holding an International Lisp Conference in 2009.

This is an extremely unofficial pre-announcement. Please
do not rely too heavily on any of the following info yet.
I don't know when we'll have a formal announcement ready.

The conference is in the very earliest stages of planning.
I will be the General Chair, and Guy L. Steele Jr. will be
the Program Chair. It will be in Cambridge, Mass, USA,
almost certainly at MIT. Most likely, it will occur during
the academic spring break, with the intention that we can
make housing available in the MIT dorms. This would be
sometime near the end of March, 2009.

There's very little else to say. You can probably assume
that it will be along the lines of previous conferences:

http://www.international-lisp-conference.org/2007/index

There is no schedule yet, there is no deadline for submissions
yet, and so on.

I'd be interested in hearing any (serious) suggestions for
what we should do at the conference. This is an opportunity
for you to submit your suggestions very early, before we
start real planning.

In particular, do you have any suggestions for invited
speakers? Who would you like to hear from? (It's OK
to suggest yourself.)

What would make you want to come to such a conference?
For example, "I'd really like to hear what Alice Foobar
has to say!" or "I'd really like to take a tutorial
about backquote!".

Finally, if you would like to volunteer to help in any
way, I would be very happy to hear from you!

Please send replies to d...@alum.mit.edu, and please
put "Lisp conference" into the subject line.

I look forward to sending more specific information,
and I hope many of you will attend!

-- Dan