hello - anyone here?

Kathy Morgan

Feb 10, 2008, 5:08:51 PM2/10/08
Hi! My server doesn't show anything in this group but spam and
crossposted announcements for the past couple of years. Is there anyone
here?

--
Kathy

Friedrich Dominicus

Feb 11, 2008, 1:43:29 AM2/11/08
kmo...@spamcop.net (Kathy Morgan) writes:

Well I'm reading it but there is not much to say it seems.

Regards
Friedrich

--
Please remove just-for-news- to reply via e-mail.

Kathy Morgan

Feb 14, 2008, 1:47:05 AM2/14/08
Friedrich Dominicus <just-for-...@q-software-solutions.de> wrote:

> kmo...@spamcop.net (Kathy Morgan) writes:
>
> > Hi! My server doesn't show anything in this group but spam and
> > crossposted announcements for the past couple of years. Is there anyone
> > here?
> Well I'm reading it but there is not much to say it seems.

Thanks for responding. :-) Are you a long-time user? Do you happen to
know if anyone else is reading here?

--
Kathy - If you're reading this in your web browser from Google or
similar forum, NNTP "newsreaders" are a better way to access the

Friedrich Dominicus

Feb 14, 2008, 2:55:17 AM2/14/08
kmo...@spamcop.net (Kathy Morgan) writes:

> Friedrich Dominicus <just-for-...@q-software-solutions.de> wrote:
>
>> kmo...@spamcop.net (Kathy Morgan) writes:
>>
>> > Hi! My server doesn't show anything in this group but spam and
>> > crossposted announcements for the past couple of years. Is there anyone
>> > here?
>> Well I'm reading it but there is not much to say it seems.
>

> Thanks for responding. :-) Are you a long-time user?

No I just bought it back in the 90ies for my first Apple Notebook ;-)
And I never have really used it, I had a time where I was using Common
Lisp much more. But it wassn't suited for the area I used it
(web-programming). And so I'm now using something different. Howerver
I still have SBCL and LispWorks running on my machines.

>Do you happen to
> know if anyone else is reading here?

I guess there are not that many MCL Users left....

Thomas A. Russ

Feb 14, 2008, 2:42:32 PM2/14/08
Friedrich Dominicus <just-for-...@q-software-solutions.de> writes:

And most of the discussion that does exist is done on a mailing list.

Anyway, a quick summary:

MCL has not been able to make the transition to Intel hardware.

Digitool has stopped developing MCL itself. They are planning to
release the code base as open source. This is information from the
mailing list, since the digitool website (<http://www.digitool.com>)
hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Clozure is taking up the development of an IDE for the Mac, building
on their existing work on OPENMCL. Most of the news can be found at
their website (http://www.clozure.com/clozurecl.html) where the name
of the resulting lisp is in transition between "openmcl" and
"ccl"(Clozure Common Lisp), which conveniently reuses the original
acronym from Coral Common Lisp, which is embedded in the system
package name.

--
Thomas A. Russ, USC/Information Sciences Institute

Kathy Morgan

Feb 15, 2008, 10:40:36 AM2/15/08
Thomas A. Russ <t...@sevak.isi.edu> wrote:

> most of the discussion that does exist is done on a mailing list.
>
> Anyway, a quick summary:

(Snip very informative summary)

Thanks! I'm a Mac user, but I had no idea there was an IDE in the works
for the Mac.

--
Kathy