Unsafe site

Jonas Thörnvall

Sep 24, 2021, 10:12:08 AMSep 24
I run a script doing midi on my Windows 10 IIS server, without complaint.

But i use 000 webhost for pusblishing and get "Unsafe site" and have to make an exclusiion for page to load?

Is this due to my script or due to them setting some weird cookie, so that it can't be reached?

I tried both Chrome, Opera and Edge, they all complain about the same thing "unsafe site".

Jonas Thörnvall

Sep 24, 2021, 10:14:22 AMSep 24
Anyone with an investigating mind that dare try?

http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/

Julio Di Egidio

Sep 24, 2021, 10:59:53 AMSep 24
The problem I think has rather to do with the page being under http and not https. But I am not sure: my Edge rather says "Not secure" near the location bar, and the page still opens, i.e. I do not have to add any exceptions...

Julio

Jonas Thörnvall

Sep 24, 2021, 11:12:06 AMSep 24
No i don't think midi is loaded, if you look in settings it is blocked "and can't be changed". until you manually add site as an exception. to allow unsafe site.
So i don't think you have the midi functionality although the page "seems to load".

Arno Welzel

Sep 24, 2021, 11:14:27 AMSep 24
Jonas Thörnvall:
JFTR:

http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/DEVICES/KORGRC168.HTML - HTTP 404
http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/DEVICES/TA1884.HTML - HTTP 404

And there are other problems as well:

content.min.js:261 Refused to get unsafe header "6"

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()

[OptinMonster] This account is not currently active. It is either
expired, paused, archived, cancelled or temporarily suspended.

and so on...

Why don't you just get a regular webspace and put your stuff there? It
seems "000 webhost" adds their own stuff as well.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Julio Di Egidio

Sep 24, 2021, 11:33:50 AMSep 24
On Friday, 24 September 2021 at 17:12:06 UTC+2, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
> fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 16:59:53 UTC+2 skrev ju...@diegidio.name:

> > > Anyone with an investigating mind that dare try?
> > >
> > > http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/
> > The problem I think has rather to do with the page being under http and not https. But I am not sure: my Edge rather says "Not secure" near the location bar, and the page still opens, i.e. I do not have to add any exceptions...
> >
> No i don't think midi is loaded, if you look in settings it is blocked "and can't be changed". until you manually add site as an exception. to allow unsafe site.
> So i don't think you have the midi functionality although the page "seems to load".

On the contrary, I even have MIDI authorised for that page, and if you haven't yet, the browser should rather ask you what to do: unless you have changed your browser's settings.

So, either we are on a different browser version (mine is up to date), or I have no clue what Universe you are even writing from: I mean, not even the message is really the same...

Anyway, that's all I see.

Julio

Jonas Thörnvall

Sep 24, 2021, 11:48:41 AMSep 24
Yeah that is what was weird, i never got a message to allow. And when you go to settings you never get the option to change "it is constantaly blocked" so not any "ask" or "allow" just "block".
And this is true for all the browser i mentioned chrome, opera and edge.

I never go into services or register or browser settings on my windows 10 machine "until now" so i can't really see how it happened.
But there was a function "in Chrome" that i mainly use so allow unsafe sites....

Jonas Thörnvall

Sep 24, 2021, 12:18:46 PMSep 24
I removed the files you mention until they really have more going for them.
I am thinking of payed service webhost but it is so hard to chose, ideally i would like google but i can't find out what a "personal site" cost.

JT

JJ

Sep 24, 2021, 1:26:43 PMSep 24
That usually happens when there are more scam/phishing sites than legit
ones, in a specific web hosting service. Too many scam/phishing reports, and
too little objections on those claims.

Jonas Thörnvall

Sep 25, 2021, 7:00:39 PMSep 25

Jonas Thörnvall

Sep 25, 2021, 7:02:31 PMSep 25

Arno Welzel

Sep 26, 2021, 5:00:46 AMSep 26
Jonas Thörnvall:

> fredag 24 september 2021 kl. 17:14:27 UTC+2 skrev Arno Welzel:
>> Jonas Thörnvall:
[...]
>>> http://jtmidi.000webhostapp.com/
[...]
>> Why don't you just get a regular webspace and put your stuff there?
>> It seems "000 webhost" adds their own stuff as well.
>>

>> -- Arno Welzel https://arnowelzel.de
>
> I removed the files you mention until they really have more going for
> them. I am thinking of payed service webhost but it is so hard to
> chose, ideally i would like google but i can't find out what a
> "personal site" cost.

As a rule of thumb:

Domain registration is about 10-15 EUR per year depending on the top
level domain. A webspace with PHP with 20 GB storage starts at about 1-2
EUR per month. So in total you should get something useful for about 2-3
EUR per month.

If you contact me personally I can also provide temperary webspace at
https://jtmidi.0x0c.de for free (inluding FTPS access) so you can try
out first, if this works for you.

The Natural Philosopher

Sep 26, 2021, 6:57:16 AMSep 26
If you want to do more than throw a few web pages up, a virtual private
server is almost as cheap as shared hosting, but of course you do need
to be able to manage a linux machine and set up apache etc.

--
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere,
diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”