Running user scripts in an Android browser?

luserdroog

Apr 20, 2022, 1:29:27 PM4/20/22
Not sure if this is OT as it's more about the operating environment
than the language per se, but ... I've written some javascript to
extract data from a webpage DOM and present it in a format more
to my liking. I can run it on a desktop or laptop by loading the
web page in Firefox and pasting my script into the console.

But none of the browsers on my phone offer a javascript console.
Does anyone know of a workaround for this or and Android browser
with more hackability?

retired developer

Apr 20, 2022, 6:59:41 PM4/20/22
On 20.04.22 19:29, luserdroog wrote:

> But none of the browsers on my phone offer a javascript console.
> Does anyone know of a workaround for this or and Android browser
> with more hackability?

what about using google and the keywords like:
"chrome developer tools on mobile"
of course, without quotes?

there are several hits, like:

https://dev.to/dev0x0/using-google-chrome-console-on-any-mobile-device-9ec

https://support.dynamicyield.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009429757-How-to-Debug-Mobile-Experiences-in-the-Desktop-Chrome-s-Developer-Tools-

Have a nice day...

--
An old Windows has old security holes.
A new Windows has new security holes.

luserdroog

Apr 23, 2022, 9:55:22 PM4/23/22
On Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 5:59:41 PM UTC-5, retired developer wrote:
> On 20.04.22 19:29, luserdroog wrote:
>

> > But none of the browsers on my phone offer a javascript console.
> > Does anyone know of a workaround for this or and Android browser
> > with more hackability?
> what about using google and the keywords like:
> "chrome developer tools on mobile"
> of course, without quotes?
>
> there are several hits, like:
>
> https://dev.to/dev0x0/using-google-chrome-console-on-any-mobile-device-9ec
>
> https://support.dynamicyield.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009429757-How-to-Debug-Mobile-Experiences-in-the-Desktop-Chrome-s-Developer-Tools-
>

> Have a nice day...

Thanks, with much fiddling I was able to get it to work but only when
connected over USB to a laptop also running chrome. Not quite the
workflow I was hoping for. So I put my code in an email to the website
support with screenshots and an explanation of why their output wasn't
quite right and needed help of this sort.

So, maybe they'll fix it for me and then I won't have to run a user script
at all. fingers crossed.

Arno Welzel

Apr 24, 2022, 9:05:54 AM4/24/22
luserdroog:
Nope. As far I know all mobile browsers rely on desktop computers via
USB to provide debugging via the desktop version of the respective browser.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

luserdroog

May 3, 2022, 1:01:25 AM5/3/22
Thanks, I've turned to a more elaborate, but probably more fun route.
I installed Fdroid and then Termux and inside Termux I got emacs,
git, and nodejs appearing to work (still need to get evil mode going).
So I can either save the page from the browser and then manipulate
the saved html, or fetch the page without a browser and use an html
parser or something like `cheerio` to generate a DOM that I can then
query.

My other option is to write my own html parser in like C or something.
That sounds like a lotta work, sigh.

Härra Rabmo

Jul 6, 2022, 12:15:07 PM7/6/22
Hey guy. Would You want to get rich with me doing programming? If yes, call me !!!!!!!!!

✆☎☏📱📞 : 372 53900660