ANN: Dogelog Player 1.0.3 (Signal Handling)

Mostowski Collapse

Jan 17, 2023, 6:51:16 PM1/17/23
We are happy to announce a new edition
of the Dogelog player:

- Signal Handling:
The Dogelog player now provides a post() routine
in the target language, which allows a rudimentary
posting of an exception to the Prolog interpreter.
This is already used in browser examples
for a button to abort Prolog execution.

- library(compat):
We added some bitwise operation which are outside
the ISO core standard, such as the evaluable
functions msb/1, lsb/1, etc.. Unfortunately not
all target languages have good support, so that
the implementations are a little bit a cludge.

- library(format):
Thats a new library with native support by
atom_number/4 for the various target languages.
The format/[2,3] itself is a pure Prolog implementation
still very minimal, without tab-stops, which
we will possibly anyway not need when later
generating HTML DOM.

Have Fun!
Jan Burse, 17.01.2023
http://www.xlog.ch/

Mostowski Collapse

Jan 20, 2023, 9:41:37 AM1/20/23

Dogelog player is a Prolog system written 100%
in Prolog targetting the JavaScript and the Python
platform. We have adopted the core benchmark suite
from formerly Jekejeke Prolog and usually run it for
both nodeJS and PyPy.

The benchmark suite gives some proof that the new
PyPy v7.3.10 offers a significant speed-up of ca. 25%
over its previous versions. We report month-to-month
benchmark results and some thoughts on the future
of the Dogelog player.

The new PyPy v7.3.10 is a motivation to keep the Python
target platform for the Dogelog player. It seems that
PyPy has once narrowed the gap to nodeJS. On the
other hand the Dogelog player gets reminded to
investigate new ideas such as an auto tuning garbage

collector and hopefully a speed-up changelog as well.

Dogelog Player: New PyPy offers significant Speed-Up
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1616443102574809088

Dogelog Player: New PyPy offers significant Speed-Up
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Mostowski Collapse

Feb 5, 2023, 2:42:34 PM2/5/23
The Dogelog Player is a Prolog system that is 100%
implemented in Prolog itself. Although browsers provide
a document.write() JavaScript call, we created a
library(markup) that allows a more concurrent and
chirurgical output into an existing document.

The new library(markup) provides two enhancements,
escaped current output and new predicates. The new
predicate tag/2 that combines tag/1 with format_atom/3
offers quite some synergy. The new table generator and the
new chart generator provide encouraging examples.

See also:

Dogelog Player: Non-Blocking Generation of Tables and Charts
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1622316063869358086

Dogelog Player: Non-Blocking Generation of Tables and Charts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Mostowski Collapse

Feb 12, 2023, 12:52:53 PM2/12/23

We already reported about our new library(markup)
that allows non-blocking generation of tables and charts.
We will report here how two small additions allow the
smooth generation of animations.

To perform some animation our plan is to clear a SVG port,
then populate it, then sleep some time and then repeat the
process. Unfortunately auto-yielding might show an incomplete
scene causing flickering despite the double buffering. There is
a new predicate shield/1 to the rescue.

Dogelog Player: Smooth Prolog Driven Animations
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1624825560202375168

Dogelog Player: Smooth Prolog Driven Animations
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Mostowski Collapse

Feb 23, 2023, 4:54:15 PM2/23/23
The Dogelog Player is a Prolog system for the JavaScript
and the Python platform. On both platforms the Prolog
system is basically single-threaded but is executed as an
asynchronous procedure that automatically yields. We
recently added Ctrl-C and exception chaining.

We discovered the Logtalk idiom which provides a solution
in ISO core standard only to the cleanup problem of a
deterministic goal. We gave the idiom the new predicate name
setup_once_cleanup/3 and equipped it with exception
chaining, written in Prolog itself.

See also:

Dogelog Player: New Exception Chaining Feature
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1628873166519926785

Dogelog Player: New Exception Chaining Feature
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Y A

Feb 24, 2023, 9:17:51 AM2/24/23
Hey, I am a millionaire.... Would You want to get rich too ?