Where have the select options gone?

justaguy

Jun 19, 2013, 11:09:51 AM6/19/13
Hi,

I'm puzzled by the following or more likely I don't know better.

I have this form with a select element and then I want to see what is selected on the same page, code is like this:

<select id="me">
<option>apple
<option>orange
</select>

js after user has selected the above:

if (document.getElementById('me')) {
var ee = document.getElementById('me');
var eev = ee.options[ee.selectedIndex].value;
document.getElementById('findme').innerHTML = eev;
}
else {alert('WHY me field NOT FOUND');}

I expect to see the span id to display the value of the selected option
but I get the alert instead, what's wrong?

Thanks.

Luuk

Jun 19, 2013, 1:10:12 PM6/19/13
On 19-06-2013 17:09, justaguy wrote:
> <select id="me">
> <option>apple
> <option>orange
> </select>

> js after user has selected the above:
>
> if (document.getElementById('me')) {
> var ee = document.getElementById('me');
> var eev = ee.options[ee.selectedIndex].value;
> document.getElementById('findme').innerHTML = eev;
> }
> else {alert('WHY me field NOT FOUND');}

try:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
function xme() {
if (document.getElementById('me')) {
var ee = document.getElementById('me');
var eev = ee.options[ee.selectedIndex].value;
document.getElementById('findme').innerHTML = eev;
}
else {alert('WHY me field NOT FOUND');}
}
</script>
</head>
<select id="me" onchange="javascript:xme();">
<option value="Apple">apple
<option value="Orange">orange
</select>

Danny

Jun 19, 2013, 1:55:38 PM6/19/13
To justaguy

use the onchange event handler in the Select element
check -> http://www.webdevout.net/test?0S&raw

justaguy

Jun 19, 2013, 2:16:48 PM6/19/13
When I looked deeply I noticed the id attribute was REMOVED! of course it couldn't be found. This FORM has los of elements, each has an id (it's been like that for a while...)
Some criminal is really EVIL... (hacked my computer and probably is being paid for doing that...)