OT: IE9 for Windows bug

justaguy

Mar 20, 2012, 11:19:13 PM3/20/12

First sorry for the OT:

IE9 for Windows does not render a web page correctly,
Try this URL,
http://www.knowledgenotebook.com/support.html
and click on "Window users click here" link
you'll see the bottom portion of the text not being displayed (please

Btw, do we have a NG dedicated to browsers?

Thanks.

Gene Wirchenko

Mar 21, 2012, 1:13:43 AM3/21/12
On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:19:13 -0700 (PDT), justaguy
<lichun...@gmail.com> wrote:

>First sorry for the OT:
>
>IE9 for Windows does not render a web page correctly,
>Try this URL,
>http://www.knowledgenotebook.com/support.html
>and click on "Window users click here" link
>you'll see the bottom portion of the text not being displayed (please

I replicated this on IE 9 under Windows 7. I do not know enough
about the DOM to try to answer your question.

The link is not coloured as a link. If you did not have "click
here" as part of it, I would not have known it was a link.

>Btw, do we have a NG dedicated to browsers?

Many are listed for my USENET server (eternal-september). I do
not know how active they are.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Richard Cornford

Mar 21, 2012, 9:21:07 AM3/21/12
On Mar 21, 3:19 am, justaguy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First sorry for the OT:
>
> IE9 for Windows does not render a web page correctly,

As your mark-up is not valid there are no real grounds for declaring
any rendering of that page as 'not correct'. Garbage in - garbage out,
is what you should be expecting.

> Try this URL,http://www.knowledgenotebook.com/support.html
> and click on "Window users click here" link
> you'll see the bottom portion of the text not being displayed
> (please View Source Code).

In IE 9 you content cuts off following the words "Firefox is THE
primary browser". In the mark-up those words appear on line 81 and are
karked-up as:-

- where I observe a closing FONT tag which does not appear to have a
corresponding opening FONT tag. That is an error and there have never
been any grounds for expecting error handling to be consistent from
one browser version to another, let alone between browsers.

> Btw, do we have a NG dedicated to browsers?

Even if they exist your issue is mark-up related and so would have
been better asked in an HTML group.

Richard.

justaguy

Mar 21, 2012, 10:53:36 AM3/21/12
On Mar 21, 9:21 am, Richard Cornford <Rich...@litotes.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
Jesus Christ, I NEVER suspected that! The document has gone through
many iterations, some code get wacked like this one I guess... thanks
for digging it and found it.