[ECLIPSE] [CENSORSHIP] - Mike Milinkovich (Eclipse Foundation Director) Censors Forums

Ilias Lazaridis

Jan 8, 2005, 7:23:19 AM1/8/05
followup-to: c.l.j.softwaretools

-

J2SE 5.0 (Tiger) Implementation within eclipse codebase.

I've tried to get an overview, whilst using the resources of the eclipse
foundation's project.

[sidenote: the J2SE 5.0 Tiger implementation will take months to be
implemented fully within JDT.Core, the most relevant subsystem. This is
of course a very negative publicity for the eclipse foundation and
especilly the IBM JDT.Core team.]

-

The Censorship Request:

"I have asked the WebMaster to do what he can to make Ilias disappear
from Bugzilla, the newsgroups and our mailing lists."
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.foundation/msg00234.html

-

One of my responses [whilst using another ISP to overcome IP blocking]:

"
An impressive fast reaction.

But: as an professional, you should have the ability to decouple.

Even if you decide to reverse my access from Bugzilla [as you have done]
- this has nothing to do with this forum here [btw: i do not write
within the team forums (mailinglists)].
"
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.foundation/msg00244.html

-

how everything starts:

[PROJECT] [BUGZILLA] - Dependency Feature
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.foundation/msg00200.html

-

The initial thread:

[GOVERNANCE] - Mr. Kent Johnson (IBM) Obfuscates Status and Relationsof
Issues
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.foundation/msg00218.html

-

People continue to write in this thread, mostly applauding to the
applied censorship.

Even my read access to news.eclipse.com is blocked.

-
-
-

Protect my voice.

Protect the integrity and reputation of the eclipse foundation.

-

Act Against Censorship.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com

anal_aviator

Jan 8, 2005, 5:38:25 PM1/8/05
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:23:19 +0800, Ilias Lazaridis wrote
(in article <crojbl$obm$1...@usenet.otenet.gr>):

Dear llias,
you are my personal hero, and i think you have so many wonderful ideas to
improve the forums offering free software.

I would like to help , in the quest to improve the forums.

Anal

Ilias Lazaridis

Jan 9, 2005, 4:29:31 AM1/9/05
anal_aviator wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:23:19 +0800, Ilias Lazaridis wrote
> (in article <crojbl$obm$1...@usenet.otenet.gr>):
[...] - (description about censorship issue)

>>Act Against Censorship.

> Dear llias,
> you are my personal hero, and i think you have so many wonderful ideas to
> improve the forums offering free software.
>
> I would like to help , in the quest to improve the forums.

Censorship is a serious issue, Mr. Anal Aviator.

I suggest you become recursive.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com

anal_aviator

Jan 9, 2005, 4:52:20 PM1/9/05

yes it's the looser without a cause.

He is doing the rounds on all the "free" software, and has been banned from a
number the online groups.

if you want a real laugh, have a look at some of the links this looser has
posted.

anal.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ilias Lazaridis

Jan 10, 2005, 4:09:18 AM1/10/05
anal_aviator wrote:
> yes it's the looser without a cause.
>
> He is doing the rounds on all the "free" software, and has been banned from a
> number the online groups.

not so much, just three:

[NETBEANS] [CENSORSHIP] [Fwd: Returned post for nbu...@netbeans.org]
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/6ae81d9ae5fac267

[HIBERNATE] [EVALUATION] - Gavin King Censors Hibernate Forum
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/5c56e6092610fdd6

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/ff9ba79be816921d

> if you want a real laugh, have a look at some of the links this looser has
> posted.

I state my opinions open, publically, pointing to my webpresence.

You hide behind an pseudonym.

Who is the ridiculous looser, Mr. Anal Aviator?

.

--
http://lazaridis.com

Ilias Lazaridis

Jan 18, 2005, 9:14:36 AM1/18/05
Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
[...]

> J2SE 5.0 (Tiger) Implementation within eclipse codebase.
[...]

> The Censorship Request:
>
> "I have asked the WebMaster to do what he can to make Ilias disappear
> from Bugzilla, the newsgroups and our mailing lists."
> http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.foundation/msg00234.html

[Be Civilized - Vote Before Burning Witches]

The Director tries to get an "Community Vote", this way moving the
responsibility for the coward censorship of criticism to the community:

Requesting Community Feedback: Troll Banishment
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.foundation/msg00323.html
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=326&group=eclipse.foundation

-

like always, you need a password to read the archives [As the Eclipse
Foundation is incapable to apply spam-protection (like other major open
source projects)]

http://dev.eclipse.org/newsManager/newsRequestForm.html

.

--
http://lazaridis.com

Ilias Lazaridis

Jan 25, 2005, 4:17:37 PM1/25/05
Some followup threads:

-

[ECLIPSE] [PRIVACY] - Direct Violation of Eclipse Foundations Privacy Policy
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/65338948c9f6818f

-

[ECLIPSE] [CENSORSHIP] - In the Name of Bill Hewlett and David Packard!
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp.hardware/msg/e9cb27b81223cd0b

-

[ECLIPSE] [CENSORSHIP] - Mike Milinkovich Ignores Foundations "Terms of Use"
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/ec52f30caa1500f4

-

[ECLIPSE] [CENSORSHIP] - Mike Milinkovich Ignores Community Vetos
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/fc8ea9474c919171

.

--
http://lazaridis.com