Jar File Manifests on Linux

1 view

Chad Riddle

Jun 28, 2004, 12:00:23 PM6/28/04
I am in the process of developing an application that currently runs
very well under Windows 98/XP. I have actually done all the
developement under Linux using NetBeans. The application works great
under both of those enviroments. However, when I try to run the
application JAR from a terminal window on Linux it does not run. It
will come up with:
LoadDriver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver not found in [file:PPT.jar,
core:/]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: method
javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog was not found.
at _Jv_ResolvePoolEntry(java.lang.Class, int)
(/usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
at Parks.Utils.ErrorLogger.reportError(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String, boolean) (Unknown Source)
at Parks.PPT.PPTMain.openMySQLConnection() (Unknown Source)
at Parks.PPT.PPTMain.initMain() (Unknown Source)
at Parks.PPT.PPTMain.PPTMain(java.lang.Object) (Unknown Source)
at Parks.PPT.PPTMain.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)

This is the Manifest that I am using:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: ./ ./AbsoluteLayout.jar ./comm.jar ./mysql-connector-java-
3.0.9-stable-bin.jar ./pvjdbc2.jar ./pvjdbc2x.jar
Main-Class: Parks.PPT.PPTMain
Name: Parks.PPT/

All class-path jars are included in the same directory as the
application jar just like on the windows machines.

Any advise would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks